Paraffin wax play candles are the gold standard in wax play. These candles are the hottest burning candle you can safely drip on your skin. Anything hotter, and you risk injury.
Our paraffin candles are made of 100 percent paraffin, hand-poured, and dyed with purple liquid candle dye. The color tends to look shiny and almost black in the container but it dries a deep purple on the skin. Your skin may be temporarily stained purple but it can be washed off with soap and warm water.
All of our wax play candles are fragrance-free.
The melting point of paraffin candles is 124° Fahrenheit.
Paraffin Candle Info:
- Two sizes available by volume:
- 3 oz
- 5 oz
- 100 percent paraffin
- Bubbles or pulling away from the container are normal
To use your paraffin wax play candle, follow these tips:
- Before each use, trim the wick to 1/4″ in length.
- Light the candle.
- Allow time for the wax to melt and create a pool.
- When you’re ready to pour, blow out the candle.
- Hold the container by its handle and pour the wax onto the skin.
- Repeat as often as desired.
Before use, apply an oil-based lotion or cream to the skin for easier wax removal.
To remove paraffin wax from the skin, follow these tips:
- Before playing, put down old towels, a shower curtain liner, or waterproof sheets
- Allow the wax to dry on the skin.
- Use a sharp edge, like a wooden knife (or a real one) or a credit card to scrape the wax off the skin.
Paraffin wax is a preferred wax play option because it comes off the skin the easiest. Once dry, it usually comes off the skin in large pieces, depending on how thick you’ve poured it.